Best Tree Stand Safety Harnesses - Buyer's Guide and Top 5 Harnesses
While hunting from an elevated stand, it is essential to stay safe and use the proper equipment necessary to do so. Wearing a tree stand harness allows you to attach yourself to the tree, reducing the risk of falling or stumbling.
We curated a list of the top five best tree stand harnesses:
1 (Editor's Choice)
We also created a buyer’s guide so that you have the tools to choose the best tree stand harness for you.
So, What Exactly is a Tree Stand Safety Harness and Why Use it?
A safety harness designed for hunting is similar to the one you would wear while rocking climbing. They resemble jackets; however, they do not have sleeves.
Safety harnesses are ideal for remaining safe while hunting at an elevated height. Tree stand harnesses keep you on the tree no matter your weight or size as manufacturers create them from a durable material. They are available in various sizes, which is ideal for both large and small hunters.
Besides catching your prey, it is crucial to remain safe while hunting. That is where a tree stand harness comes in.
Importance of Using A Safety Harness
As a hunter, you probably already know that hunting on an elevated stand hosts a plethora of advantages. Hunting at elevated levels lowers your risk of being detected by a deer, provides more coverage, and allows you to improve upon your shooting skills whether you are using a gun or arrows.
So, why is a safety harness one of the most critical items of equipment to have while hunting? Here are several benefits that will undoubtedly influence you to make this vital investment:
People take this obvious advantage for granted more times than not. Picture being at an elevated level without any protection. Without a safety net, you and your loved ones will worry about your security.
A tree stand harness prevents injury in the event that you unexpectedly stumble and fall. It prevents against severe damages and potentially a fatal accident.
Ease of Movement
While some may think safety harnesses are restricting, they are quite freeing. They allow you to confidently move as you have peace of mind, knowing that you are securely strapped to the tree.
Using a tree stand without a harness is less than ideal as you may often worry about falling to the ground from a high distance.
Feeling comfortable and confident on an elevated stand provides you with an additional tool to use while hunting. Since you are less worried about falling, you easily move around without the worry of stumbling. Remaining confident at an elevated stand allows you to aim with ease and catch your prey.
Choosing the Best Tree Stand Safety Harness
You know how crucial a tree stand safety harness is and now it is time to invest in one! Besides ratings and reviews, how can you identify which one is best for you? Here are some tips to assist you when choosing a tree stand harness:
Identify the material used to make the harness. Is it sturdy and of high quality? Inspect the stitching, as it should not have any tears or rips. The product should not appear damage easily.
The harness should comfortably fit your frame, as it has adjustable straps. Finding the right size is important. Sizes range from small to extra large, based on your weight and height. Choosing a harness that is perfect for both your height and the weight allows the harness to carry you as safely as possible.
While hunting, you may find it necessary to carry other accessories such as binoculars and a cell phone. Look for a harness that provides straps for accessories and additional pockets so that you can have your cell phone easily accessible at all times.
Some products provide additional safety DVDs and instructions on how to set up your harness, which is usually ideal for hunters who are new to wearing harnesses.
How to Use a Safety Harness While Hunting
You are now familiar with how to choose the best harness for you, although, you might not be sure how to use one properly.
Here are a few tips to ensure your safety while hunting on an elevated stand with a harness:
- While hunting from a tree stand, do not move too quickly. If you set up or climb fast, you may end up falling or getting into a fatal accident. After all your hard work, you would not want to get injured after catching prey.
- Prepare your equipment in a way that enables you to communicate with other hunters or loved ones. Use walkie-talkies or cell phones as a reliable form of communication if something happens while you are at an elevated stand.
- Select the perfect tree by determining if it is sturdy and able to carry your weight at an elevated stand.
- Properly equipped yourself by adjusting your harness to your size beforehand, allowing for maximum comfort and movability while hunting.
- Do not move more than necessary while at an elevated tree stand. Although the safety harness is attached to a tree, do not push the harness to its limit. Be sure to follow safety protocols at an elevated stand and stay where you feel safe.
- Here is a quick video explaining how to properly use a tree stand harness while you hunt.
Top Five Best Tree Stand Harnesses
We have taken a look at the Top Five Best TreeStand Harnesses that is currently on the market and have chosen 5 top Treestand safety harness for your consideration.
1. Tree Spider Speed Harness
The Tree Spider Speed Harness comes in only one size. The large/extra large size is ideal for hunters of all sizes. It has a weight capacity of 115-300 pounds. It comes with a patented integration system that goes with ScentBlocker jackets, allowing for the best hunt possible.
The harness includes vertical climbing loops and bungee tether that absorbs shock. It allows for a hassle-free climb on every tree you use. The straps make it easy to adjust along with the steady buckle for the legs, shoulders, and chest. It has Ario Mesh back that allows you to move with maximum comfort and flexibility.
This product includes one Powerlink Aluminum Carabineer, one adjustable Tree Strap, one Suspension Relief Strap and a Safety DVD. The Safety DVD is an excellent way to prepare for accidents before they even happen.
- Adjustable leg, shoulder, and chest straps
- Compatible with ScentBlocker jackets
- Bungee tether absorbs shock and it is easy to climb with
- Easy product to set up
- Ideal for hunters of different sizes
- Comes with a Safety DVD
- Takes time to adjust before you are able to move around comfortably
- Not ideal for hunters under 115 pounds
2. Big Game Ez-On Basic Safety Harness
This harness is made out of a quality material; however, it is not bulky. It has a weight capacity of 300 pounds.
Big Game Ez-On Basic Safety Harness includes a lineman’s belt, a tree belt, and an SRD strap. It has quick-release buckles on the leg straps, making it fast and easy to adjust. This harness comes in one size that fits most people.
It includes a built-in deer drag that makes hunting even easier. The buckles are sturdy and easily adjustable. Since this product is lightweight, you can wear bulky clothes in the winter without the harness feeling too tight.
- It has durable buckles
- Straps are easy to adjust
- The harness is easy take off
- It is comfortable to wear while both climbing and sitting down
- Lightweight material that fits well over bulky clothing
- It may be difficult to put on for the first time
- Treestand straps are designed poorly
3. Hunter Safety System X-1 Bowhunter Treestand Safety Harness
Hunter Safety System has an assortment of harnesses available for elevated stands; however, the X-1 Bowhunter is one of the very best.
Unlike many others, it is available in three sizes ranging from small to 3XL. It allows you to determine the best size for you depending on your torso and weight. If you are between sizes, it is recommended to size up as you can use the adjustable straps to create the perfect fit.
This lightweight product weighs only 2.5 pounds, allowing for all-day comfort and easy mobility. It is versatile enough to use during any season. It can be worn over lightweight clothes and underneath winter gear. It is also made from silent fabric.
This harness is certified safe and meets all standards set by the Treestand Manufacturer’s Association. It includes a tree strap, a suspension relief strap, safe-use instructions, and a Safety DVD. Hunter Safety System X-1 Bowhunter Treestand Safety Harness is under a five-year warranty, proving to its customers that it is both durable and reliable.
- It is available in three sizes ranging from small to 3XL
- Weighs only 2.5 pounds
- Can be worn over clothes or under winter gear
- Includes safe-use instructions and a safety DVD
- Made from silent fabric
- Meets standards set by the Treestand Manufacturer’s Association
- It does not have any pockets
- Sizes are combined by small/medium, large/xlarge, and 2XL/3XL which may be confusing to customers
- Takes time getting used to putting it on
4. TREE SPIDER Men's Venom Harness
The Tree Spider Venom Climbing Harness is lightly padded, making it comfortable to wear and efficent to move around in. The shoulder, leg, and rear straps are easily adjustable, ensuring the correct fit and maximum comfort. The shoulder straps are excellent for people with long or short torsos.
This harness comes in one size that fits most individuals. It has a maximum weight capacity of 300 pounds. The vertical climbing loop makes it simple to find the perfect spot to hunt for game. Since the harness is quiet and lightweight, you do not have to worry about stumbling and scaring animals away.
This lightweight material makes it easy to wear over clothes during any season. There is no need to purchase a new harness as this one will fit over bulky winter gear.
This product includes 1 carabiner, 1 tree strap, 1 suspension relief strap, and an instruction manual. The instructional manual is ideal for hunters new to hunting on an elevated stand. It provides them with instructions on how to adjust their harness to fit them perfectly every time.
- Versatile and can be worn during any season
- One size fits most with a weight capacity of 300 pounds
- Harness is easy to adjust
- Shoulder straps that adjust for short and long torsos
- Lightly padded for additional comfort
- Includes instructions, which is ideal for hunters new to wearing a tree stand harness
- It only has one size, which might not fit all customers perfectly
- Heavier than other harnesses
- Does not include pockets
5. Hunter Safety System Hybrid Flex Harness
Hunter Safety System’s Hybrid Flex Safety Harness is the ultimate harness that comes with everything you could ever need for hunting. It is made from a durable material that is designed to keep you safe. It has a shock absorbing tether and weighs only 2.5 pounds. It has a pateneted HSS design that eliminates hanging straps and weave-through buckles.
The padded hexagons on this harness provide extra comfort and flexibility while you hunt on an elevated stand. The scent-controlling Elimishield technology creates a robust chain of charged atoms. These atoms attract and destroy odor-causing bacteria, eliminating the human scent so that hunters remain undetectable while on an elevated tree stand. This harness comes in Realtree Xtra camouflage.
This tree stand harness is available in three sizes, ensuring that you find the best fit. The sizes range from small to 3XL. The weight capacity varies from 100 pounds to 300 pounds, depending on the size you choose. If you are in between sizes, it may be best to select a size up as you can tighten it with the adjustable straps.
This harness includes straps for binoculars and accessories so that you always have your gear available. Unlike most harness, this product has six convenient pockets. It also has a mesh cell phone pocket, ensuring that you have easy access to communication with other hunters below and loved ones.
Overall, Hunter Safety System Hybrid Flex Harness includes a lineman’s climbing belt, suspension relief/deer drag, an adjustable tree strap, an instructional DVD and safe-use instructions. This product also comes with an impressive five-year warranty.
- Available in three sizes: small/medium, large/extra-large, and 2XL/3XL
- Has scent-controlling Elimishield technology that destroys bacteria and eliminates the human scent
- Includes straps for binoculars and accessories
- Has 6 pockets and a mesh cellphone pocket
- Includes a deer drag, an instructional DVD, and safe-use instructions
- Comes with a five-year warranty
- Sizing chart might be confusing for hunters who are in between sizes
- Utilizing multiple pockets might make the harness heavier
While hunting, it is vital that you remain safe while catching your game. The elevated stand is a superb way to hunt for prey. Hunting on a tree stand decreases the risk of being detected by deer, provides maximum coverage, and allows you the opportunity to improve upon your skills.
A safety harness is an essential piece of equipment when using a tree stand as it securely attaches you to the tree while climbing. It gives you and your loved ones a piece of mind knowing that you are safe if you stumble or fall.
Out of all the harnesses reviewed, the best one is the Hunter Safety System Hybrid Flex Harness. This harness is available in multiple sizes, allowing hunters of all sizes to find the perfect fit. It has a scent-eliminating technology that destroys the human scent so that the hunter remains undetected.
Unlike many other harnesses, it has straps designed to hold binoculars and other accessories as well as six pockets. It even has a mesh cell phone pocket! It includes a deer drag, an instructional DVD, and safe-use instructions.
You cannot go wrong with the Hunter Safety System Hybrid Flex Harness as it has a five-year warranty, ensuring that you are satisfied with your investment!